What is aerothermal? Know its advantages
In the world of energy efficiency there are also fads and trends. If you have recently changed the air conditioning of your house, you will have heard a term that is on everyone’s lips: aerothermal. Do you know what it is and what benefits it has? We tell you.
aerothermal is a technology that is based on the use of energy from the outside air thanks to a system of pumps. They provide cooling in summer, heat in winter and even hot water. It is a clean and efficient source of energy. The pump system they use is based on the traditional one, but with efficient options. They are the substitute for boilers.
How does it work?
As we said before, aerothermal heat pumps look like old boilers and their basic operation is similar to these. They have two units: one outdoor and one indoor. Its operation is based on the extraction of renewable energy from the air that reaches the outdoor unit and this passes it to the indoor unit . There the water is heated and heat or hot water is produced. This process would be in winter. In summer, the process is done the other way around. The heat from our house is sent outside and cold air is generated. This process provides more energy than is consumed.
The pros and cons of aerothermal
As in everything, aerothermal has advantages and also disadvantages.
- Aerothermal consumes less than traditional systems and this ends up being noticed in the monthly bill. It is, therefore, a highly efficient system.
- It is a renewable and sustainable energy qualified by the European Union.
- It hardly needs maintenance.
- It does not leave smoke or residue because there is no combustion.
- The installation is simple.
- Produces low-cost hot water and allows the entire house to run on electricity without the need to contract gas supplies.
- The initial investment is high, but it is compensated over the months with consumption.
- Requires a outdoor unit that can affect the aesthetics of the home.
- Not recommended for very cold climatic zones.
- The installation of aerothermal equipment sometimes implies increasing the contracted power of electricity.
Finally, we can say that aerothermal energy is a good alternative when it comes to making our home an efficient space.